Let your email recipients know a little bit about you. Add a custom signature to messages you send from your Mail for Windows accounts. Learn how to automatically include text, HTML, and images at the end of any email you write.
How to Add a Signature to Mail for Windows
If you have more than one email account set up in Mail for Windows, create separate signatures for each account, or use the same signature for all your accounts.
To change the default signature appended to emails:
Type mail in the Windows 10 search box and press Enter to open Mail for Windows 10 quickly.
Select Settings (the gear icon), which is at the bottom of the navigation pane on the left side of the screen.
Select Signature in the Settings pane on the left.
Select the Use an email signature toggle switch to turn it to the On position.
Select the Apply to all accounts checkbox to apply the same signature to all multiple email accounts in Windows Mail. Alternatively, if you only want to add a signature to emails sent from one specific email account, choose the Select an account and customize your signature dropdown arrow and select the account you want to change.
In the text box, enter the email signature. The default text is "Sent from Mail for Windows 10." Overwrite this text to change it.
When you compose a new email in Mail for Windows, your signature automatically appears at the bottom of the message.
How to Add Images and Formatting to Signatures
Originally, Mail for Windows 10 only supported plain text signatures. Now, it's possible to use different fonts and add images to signatures without a workaround. Use the toolbar above the text field to add links, images, and formatted text to your signature. You can even include emojis.
Tips for Making Your Email Signature
When you style your email signature, keep it simple. A suitable signature includes:
- A few lines of text (no more than four or five)
- Simple text styling with few colors
- A small image or logo
Instructions in this article apply exclusively to the Mail app for Windows 10.
Specific account signatures can be turned on and off, but if you turn off your signature (for one account or all accounts), you will not be able to add that signature to any new email messages manually.
- Is it possible to taste words
- Can anyone identify these plants
- Were Germanic runes adapted from Etruscan
- How can I delete my VOOT account
- How did Noam Chomsky become so popular
- What is a force time graph
- Can we do aerospace engineering without chemistry
- How does Gumtree make money
- Are video game designers considered famous people
- How do you say Because in Persian
- What is cellulose made up of
- Why are airports so high
- How did React js become popular
- If 4 x 64 what is x
- What is LiveRamps business model
- What is PMBOK 2017
- How does opening a franchise store work
- What is your idea of pleasure
- How many times was Constantinople sacked
- Why do you use Mensovit Plus capsules