CockroachDB Features & Advantages
Superior to traditional active-passive and active-active system, CockroachDB enables all replicas to handle traffic while ensuring the data consistency by using “consensus replication”. As long as a majority of replicas can talk to each other, the cluster is available.
CockroachDB automatically scales, rebalances, and repairs itself. When data flow in to a threshold, a range will be split into new ranges, which will be automatically rebalanced to nodes with more capacity if your cluster spans multiple nodes.
Thanks to the strongly-consistent replication and powerfully automated repair ability, CockroachDB successfully survives the software and hardware failures in whatever a short or a long term, from a server restart to a datacenter outage.
Simplicity is a top priority in the design of CockroachDB. Its nodes are self-organized and symmetric, perfectly realizing a homogeneous deployment with minimal configuration and zero external dependencies.
As an open source programming language supporting libraries, interfaces, and tooling, Go is a right choice for CockroachDB, helping build an excellent performance and distributed system while ensuring high speed and stability.
CockroachDB replicates data multiple times and guarantees consistency between nodes. It guarantees the SQL isolation level "serializable" by combining the Raft consensus algorithm for writes and a custom time-based synchronization algorithms for reads.
CockroachDB distributes transactions across clusters, which can span regions, datacenters, and cloud providers. Data can dynamically move wherever necessary without compromising down-time or additional latency.
With the implementation of Standard SQL and extensions, CockroachDB makes it possible to write familiar queries. Its support for PostgreSQL wire protocol significantly facilitates the application’s talk to Cockroach.
- Are British teens worse or American teens
- What is the most precious natural resource?no_redirect=1
- What is the fingernail growth
- What is the metaphysics of Indian philosophy
- What makes something a felony
- Are studies really interesting
- Does money follow innovation
- What is the family tree of Peshwas
- How did you stop stuttering
- Would no contact actually work for me
- What makes you proud to be Canadian
- Whats your best shot
- Is Rahul Gandhi a Christian
- Whats the formula for pressure difference
- Quicksort What is the quick sort algorithm
- Do sport drinks really works
- What are the objectives of deployment management