Should You Tip The Hotel Maid?
Ever wondered if you should tip the hotel maid? How much should you tip? Do most people tip? On a recent stay in Vegas, we started talking to our maid to get the inside the scoop.
The maid, now called a room attendant, has been in the business for twenty years and has seen a lot over her time. When it comes to tips she said only about 25% of the guests at her hotel tip her and it can range from some change to a few dollars to upwards of $20. The vast majority of guests who tip leave around $3-$5 for her.
When Should You Tip?
If you’re thinking you should tip at check-out, she recommend a better idea of tipping after the first day. This Vegas property doesn’t change their linens every day, however a tip is a sure way to get your linens changed every day. In addition, if a guest tipped her, she’d be more likely to leave extra bath amenities.
If she started talking to you and builds a rapport, she said she’ll even send up amenities to her guests ranging from sweets to even wine or champagne! This is all coming from the room attendant cleaning your room.
What Does She Find In Your Room?
Being Vegas, she finds all sorts of items in the room after checkout, while mainly empty bottles of wine, champagne and beer, she’s found sex toys, condoms, clothing, shoes, purses, iPhone chargers, cell phones, wallets, car keys, medication, illegal drugs, yoga mats, umbrellas, and even a turtle!
When it comes to lost and found, she’s supposed to turn everything into their lost and found department in security, and then after a month if an item is unclaimed, she’s able to keep it if she wants. Some items she has no interest in, though she’s racked up a few nice purses and electronic devices over her tenure at the hotel.
Dou normally tip the maid at your hotel? Will you start tipping earlier in your stay? Feel free to share below!
Posted in Travel News
- How do you reduce systematic risk
- Where is the wettest place in Spain
- Is Lord Shiva a monk
- Is there any management quota in AIIMS
- Where is the victim mentality most prevalent
- What is indefinite and definite inflorescence
- What is a kind hunter
- Why do you enjoy firing people
- What is equilibrium in a distillation column
- Who lives in New Zealand
- How do I effectively read Daily News
- How your US citizen can sponsor parent
- How did cave men make fire consistently
- I need my whatsup account
- Who was the first female Doctor?no_redirect=1
- Is Apollo Kolkata hospital worst than necropolis
- How frequently does it snow in Paris