There are two types of "gangster":
1) A wannabe thug, often illiterate and an inhabitant of a downtrodden ghetto that hangs around in "gangs"; largely associated with the African-American subculture. These try-hard wanna be "gangstas" attempt to make themselves appear like real criminals by graffiting buildings, smoking/selling drugs and trying to looking all "bad-ass and macho an'-shit, yo". An utter degradation of what true gangsters represent (see below), and street wannabe "gangsta"-types don't hold a candle to what real gangsters are.
2) The *real* gangsters are those behind organised crime; most notably the Mafia. Responsible for blackmarket trade, epsionage, organised beatings/assassinations, etc. "The Godfather" portrays the archtype of true gangsters, showing the brutality of mob beatings, shootings, running rackets and abusing woman, alcohol and everything in between. The real gansters are *not* to be confused with the aforementioned definition, commonly used as it might be.
1) I'm da gangsta in da hood, yo. Bustin' shiznitz an' layin' da cuts straight sittin' on yo ass wiv me Colt 40 and homies, cuttin' back a fat split in me crib, yo.
2) "All right, you just shot 'em both. Now what do you do?"
"Sit down and finish my dinner."
by Alhadis March 08, 2005
Get a Gangster mug for your father-in-law Jerry.
The original and the best, they were back in the 1920s and 30s. Cold, ruthless, sophisticated, organized. Experts at making money and living well. They were very cool and mature, didn't go around shooting their mouth off bragging and showing off like overgrown teens. They had a very original vocabulary which is still used today. The TV show The Untouchables depict them very accurately. pop culture, history, cool, legend, money, sophisticated, crime, mafia, gang, bootlegging, prohibition, underworld, feds, organized crime, the untouchables, Eliot Ness, 1920s, criminals, gangster
Pretty Boy Floyd, Dutch Schultz, Al Capone, Machine Gun Kelly, Jack "Legs" Diamond, "Lucky Luciano" pop culture, history, cool, legend, money, sophisticated, crime, mafia, gang, bootlegging, prohibition, underworld, feds, organized crime, the untouchables, Eliot Ness, 1920s, criminals, gangster
#crime#mafia#organized crime#prohibition#1920s#racketeering#the untouchables#criminals
by velvet67 July 30, 2009
Get a Gangster mug for your Facebook friend Yasemin.
1) The first and oldest real gang is the Chinese Mafia aka Triad. They were the first biggest gang/mafia that started in Asia and was the first in the world. Then followed by the Japanese mafia aka Yakuza, then the Europeans. These Asian Mafias participated in every kind of crime but generally in the blackmarket. Triad is the world's number one drug dealers in Asia and is the biggest underground and most wanted drug-traffickers in the U.S. Asian gangs are the most well-discreet, clever and underground clan. They are the fastest growing gangs in the West Coast according to the 2005 Street Gang census.
2) Just below the ladder is the Italian Mobs. They are one of the most well respected and well known Mafia in the U.S. These guys participate in many types of crimes, usually murder. They act on their plans secretely but are usually busted for leaving clues behind.
3) Street gangs. Bloods, Crips, Mexicans gangs, Asian gangs, etc. These are the clans that also participate in every crime but are usually not very serious. Located in ghetto parts of the city.
Real gangsters don't Advertise.
by yeaaaaaboy October 21, 2006
Get a Gangster mug for your cousin Vivek.
Trending RN - January 28, 2020
© 1999-2020 Urban Dictionary ®
advertise • terms of service
privacy • dmca • remove
- How has digital television affected sports viewing
- Where can I find free HTML5 templates
- Why We need Bulk SMS service
- What is a brainstorm
- Where did the word Tallywacker originate
- Do you decorate before fitting a kitchen
- What if all terrorists were killed
- Whats security in life
- Do you have a business startup checklist
- Whose city is a best for investment
- What neighborhood is Central Park in
- Why do you follow somebody on Quora
- According to nostradamus who is mabus
- Who have experience of using user testing
- What does the candidate report contain
- How do you make contact solution
- Can Kejriwal win again
- What happens at a cocktail party
- How did you get raped 1