Have you ever been mad at someone, but didn't know how to articulate your feelings, so you just ghosted them for a while? This could very well be the case with your boyfriend.
In particular, if your boyfriend is ignoring you after a fight, then you can pretty safely assume that it has something to do with your argument. It could be that he doesn't want to jump into all of the negativity again and think about your problems. Naturally, talking to you reminds him of all of that negativity.
It's kind of like the "gorilla in the room" situation. He can't see you without the hidden pressure of all of the unsaid things, but he doesn't want to talk about it, either.
If you want to get him to stop ignoring you, the first thing you need to do is try to remember your last interaction. Were you unpleasant to him? Were you unfair to him? Did you push him to address something that he didn't want to talk about, and he just clammed up?
While communication is important in a relationship, and arguments are just part of that, it's important not to get too personal in your fights. Even if he is ignoring you, he is probably reading your texts, so send him a message and tell him that you want to understand his perspective. Invite him to convey his feelings to you in a non-judgmental way, and don't blame him for what happened between you.
Does this mean that you should act like a doormat? No!
Don't approach him with profuse, needy apologies. Just tell him that you want to understand the situation.
The same goes if you didn't have a fight and he seems to be ignoring you for no apparent reason. Contact him and tell him that you want to understand what's going on. If your boyfriend is ignoring your texts even after you explain your intentions, then he could just need some time to cool off, or it's something else.
Maybe he's mad at you for no good reason but expects you to psychically know.
Some people are just like this. Every little thing offends them, and they will never directly tell you about it. Basically, it turns into a huge guessing game trying to figure out why they're giving you the silent treatment. My advice is to just forget someone like this and ignore him right back.
- What is relationship between millimeters and micrometers
- What is this coin for
- What are your favourite Docker containers
- Which is gas produced in refrigerators
- Who processes Great Value pickles
- Is the TACP special forces
- Why doesnt Uber go public
- How are profits distributed in big corporations
- What are some funny musical theatre songs
- What does it mean to spell phonetically
- I love Snyders DCEU How about you
- What is the national sport of Morocco
- How can I help prevent ocean pollution
- Who is more powerful Bhishma or Indrajit
- What projector does IMAX use
- Why does UC Browser surf so fast
- Is success complicated
- Why do people enjoy Burning Man
- Is dying at 64 years old young
- What happened to American Airlines Flight 11