What is Potassium Dichromate?
This is a popular inorganic and bright color toxic chemical with a plenty of industrial benefits too. The chemical formula for the compound could be written as and its molecular weight is measured 294.185 g/mol approximately. The chemical structure for the compound is given as below.
As per the structure, it looks little complex and difficult to understand at the first glance. This is an ionic compound where two potassium ions are connected dichromate (-) ion that is charged negatively. Look at the structure carefully to understand the arrange of the atom around the chromium atom.
Potassium Dichromate Chemical Formula
The natural occurrence of the compound can be felt in minerals and it is prepared by mixing potassium chloride with sodium dichromate () to give potassium dichromate () and sodium chloride ahead.
Potassium Dichromate Molecular
This is an orange crystalline solid with a density of 2.676 g/mL, the melting point of 398 °C and the boiling point of 500 °C. the product is odorless and dissolves quickly in water. It readily decomposes into water and converted into chromate or dichromate ions in equilibrium. This is a mild oxidizing agent and used widely in organic chemistry. It could reversibly react with bases to release yellow chromate salts.
The product can be used as the cleaning agent and taken suitable for household cleanings like glassware, etching materials and more. It is also utilized for cement, photographic processing, leather tanning, wood staining etc. Being an oxidizing agent, it is suitable for the preparation of multiple products like waxes, glues, paints and more.
- Why are core beliefs difficult to change
- Should meat be banned
- Do feminists want equality among women
- Is online shopping better than conventional shopping?no_redirect=1
- How do I watch 4k on YouTube
- What causes early stage thinking
- What does Trump think of feminists
- Why is sherry considered a red wine
- Are glofish tropical fish
- Who are the Yazidi
- Where does the name Godzilla come from
- Who is Liverpools most important attacker
- Do poor people really care about justice
- Why does IISc refuse to offer astrology
- Is Lebanon a third world country
- What did slaves in America wear
- What is Hell Awaits by Slayer about