Population for each actually varries depending on where you are. Here is some information that might help.
A hamlet is a small settlement, too small to be considered a village. The name comes from the diminutive of a Germanic word for an enclosed piece of land or pasture.
A village is a clustered human settlement or community, larger than a hamlet,
A town is a community of people ranging from a few hundred to several thousands, although it may be applied loosely even to huge metropolitan areas. Usually, a "town" is thought of as larger than a village but smaller than a "city". The words "city" and "village" came into English from Latin via French. "Town" and "borough" (also "burrow", "burgh", "bury", etc.) are of native Germanic origin, from Old English burg, a fortified settlement, and tūn, an enclosed piece of land
A city is an urban settlement with a particularly important status which differentiates it from a town.
City is primarily used to designate an urban settlement with a large population. However, city may also indicate a special administrative, legal, or historical status.
In the United States, "city" is primarily a legal term meaning an urban area with a degree of autonomy (i.e. a township), rather than meaning an entire large settlement (metropolitan area). Outside the United States, "city" implies an entire settlement or metropolitan area, although there are notable exceptions, e.g. the term City of London. In the UK, a city is a settlement with a charter ("letters patent") from the crown.
- Do Packers fans really own the team
- How is cold plasma created
- What quality did the Duryodhana show
- What is a national drink of Malta
- Do private companies develop military aircraft
- What hardiness zone is in Austin Texas
- How real is a fiction
- Can a bodys speed change without accelerating
- Does anyone use transistor radios anymore
- How can I cure my chronic procrastination
- How do SLT and DSLR cameras differ
- Does Key West belong to continental America
- Is Donald Trump King of the Jews
- What are the drawbacks of being benevolent
- How much a house costs in Noida
- What is hyper sensitivity
- Why are some Pashtuns White
- What are examples of housewarming appetizers
- Which is five top religions