"Describe one example of how society has become "McDonaldized." Do you see this as functional, dysfunctional or a combination? Why?"
One key aspect to McDonaldization (and one reason why it's effectively taking over first world societies) is efficiency. Modern society is continually looking to expedite processes. So an example of how society has become "McDonaldized" can be found in the internet. To expedite the process of getting and exchanging information, the internet has become the standard research tool for papers and homework assignments, and libraries have become obsolete for research (with teenagers anyway).
Is this functional, dysfunctional or a combination? It's a combination of both. The internet has made it much easier for research to be done, for knowledge to be spread around. It's made it far more efficient to conduct research and further projects. At the same time though, people have stopped retaining as much information because they know that they can look it up on their smartphone in 3 seconds.
- Is english necessary for sucess
- Is reality more interesting than fiction
- What are the advances in hemorrhoids treatment
- Does Kim Kardashian know that shes untalented
- What are some reviews of mkexportinternational com
- What are DLPT tests
- Which subjects are included with journalism
- Does Groupon work for restaurants
- Can glaucoma lost vision be restored
- Do you work in Pune
- What is token alliance in blockchain
- What is your favorite Alabama music festival
- What action should be taken against Ebola
- Could you write a poem about marijuana
- Does Inspiron 3647 motherboard 02yrk5 support SSD
- What are the best college graduation traditions
- How do American and European consumerism differ
- Do libraries make money from late fees
- Does birth weight determine intelligence