BSC vs BEng
Graduation is just around the corner for many senior high school students. For most of them, that would mean starting to apply for a university or college of their choice, to pursue a tertiary education degree that would help them land a stable job, and launch them into their desired career path.
Nowadays, applying for a college degree is actually a lot more complicated than it was when our parents did the same thing. With so many universities and colleges offering extremely specialized courses and degrees, many students find themselves having difficulty in chosing which degree is the right one for their ideal career path. This is partly because of the degree prefixes that are attached to certain degrees. Aa example would be trying to see the difference between a BSC and a BEng.
BSC actually stands for Bachelor of Science, while BEng stands for Bachelor of Engineering. A Bachelor of Science degree is commonly recommended for any college degree that requires a student to complete three to five years of education. It is the most common bachelor’s degree title, and it is provided by most universities and colleges. In fact, many colleges and universities will refer to all their programs as Bachelor of Science degree programs. On the other hand, BEng is an undergraduate degree, that is awarded to a student who completes an engineering academic program, which lasts anywhere between three to five years. This bachelor’s degree award is commonly used for undergraduate college degrees in colleges and universities in Australia, China, Germany, New Zealand, Singapore, the United States and the United Kingdom.
Another difference between a BSC and a BEng undergraduate degree, is the academic program that the students undergo for three to five years. BSC degrees are usually theoretically based. This means that most, if not all, of the courses that they would need to complete in the program, involve the use of research, and the proper understanding and analysis of theories and principles that are presented in textbooks, journal reports and past experiments. This includes engineering courses that are considered as Bachelor of Science degree programs. While there are certain laboratory courses that the student needs to complete, these are often done in controlled environments, in order to prove and give the students a further understanding of the theories and principles discussed in class. On the other hand, BEng undergraduate degree programs are more practically oriented. They are the complete inverse of BSC degree programs. Here, students do introduce and familiarize themselves to theories and principles, but the bulk of the academic program is concentrated in applying these theories and principles in a practical manner, which would help them be more prepared when they go and join the corporate world.
1. BSC and BEng courses are undergraduate degree programs awarded to a student (by a university or college), who has completed an academic program that lasts anywhere between three and five years.
2. BSC is an abbreviation which stands for Bachelor of Science. On the other hand, BEng stands for Bachelor of Engineering.
3. BSC focuses more on theories and principles, while BEng focuses more on practical application.
Manisha Kumar. "Difference Between BSC and BEng." DifferenceBetween.net. July 28, 2011 < http://www.differencebetween.net/miscellaneous/difference-between-bsc-and-beng/ >.
- Did ancient Spartans produce art
- What does the phrase wary tenacity mean
- What is processing in computers
- Why is Skype call quality so bad
- What are the vibrations of aircraft
- Did the Vikings have their own mythology
- Is money plant a fibrous root
- Where can I learn advanced jQuery techniques
- What is OpenCV library used for
- Are Australian Aboriginal languages being revitalized
- Is Manmohan Singh a true Sikh
- How does active noise cancellation work
- What does shola mean
- Who has produced Kalank
- What did the Phoenicians make
- What bothers you on Quora
- What do you think about Islamic banking
- What song could be an anime opening
- How is China using North Korea
- Is Melinda Gates an attractive woman