Sharing is caring!
Your HSE certification serves as your license as a Health and Safety professional. Health and safety is no doubt one of the best paid profession at present, but you will need to acquire relevant certifications that will give you an edge over other competitors for the limited but competitive opportunities that are available. Before you are recognized as a Health and safety professional and be able to compete for the limited opportunities, you have to follow a particular career path. Your career path will either enhance your progress in the profession or delay your progress.
A lot of people have been misled in their pursuit of career in Health and safety because of lack of useful information and guidance.
This article aims to be a guide to HSE professionals who have made some mistakes and upcoming professionals to help minimize the level of mistakes as they pursue a career in health and safety.
Career path for HSE certification
Progress in the Health and Safety Profession begins with basic HSE certification before the advanced courses.
I will divide HSE certification in two (2) group
- Fundamental certifications
- Supplementary certifications
Fundamental HSE certifications:
These qualifications cover the rudiment of health and safety. They are the corner-stone of the profession on which every other qualification falls to. These are the qualification that will stand you out in the profession, because it is on these basis that your are categorized. These qualifications include:
- Health and Safety level 1 certification
- Health and Safety level 2 certification
- Health and Safety level 3 certification
- Advanced Health and Safety certification
- Loss prevention certification
- NEBOSH International General Certificate (IGC)
- NEBOSH National Certificate
- NEBOSH Construction Certificate
- NEBOSH Oil and Gas Certificate
- NEBOSH Diploma
- IOSH Managing safely Certificate
- OHSAS 18001/ISO 45001 Occupational Health and safety lead auditors Certification.
- Certified Safety Practitioner (CSP) Certificate.
- Cerified Safety and Health Manager (CSHM) Certificate, etc.
Supplementary HSE certification
To be successful in the Health and Safety profession, these supplementary certifications are also very invaluable. They will help keep you abreast with the different aspect of the profession, and also enhance your expertise.
Here are some of the supplementary Health and Safety Certifications:
- Asbestos Awareness (Category A)
- CDM Regulations
- OSAH 30 hours construction training
- Work At Height
- Ladder Safety
- Facilities Management
- Legionella and Legionnaires’ Disease Awareness Course
- Manual Handling Awareness
- Risk Assessment Certificate
- DSEAR certificate
- COMAH Certificate
- PUWER Certificate
- PPE Certificate
- Abrasive Wheels Certificate
- RIDDOR Certificate
- LOLER Certificate
- Working in Confined Spaces Certificate
- Lone Working Certificate
- Workplace First Aid Certificate
- Paediatric First Aid certificate
- Anaphylaxis Awareness Certificate
- Food Allergen Awareness Certificate
- Food Labeling Requirements Certificate
- COSHH – Control of Substances Hazardous to Health Certificate
- COSHH for Clinical Environments Certificate
- Fire Safety Certificate
- Infection Control and Prevention
- Slips, Trips and Falls Certificate
- Managing Health & Safety Certificate
- Office Health & Safety Certificate
- Electrical Safety Certificate
- Portable Appliance Testing (PAT) Certificate
- Environmental Awareness Certificate
- Display Screen Equipment Awareness Certificate
- Display Screen Equipment (DSE) Assessor Certificate
If you want to be well positioned for Health and Safety opportunities, you need to concentrate more on acquiring the fundamental certifications first. The supplementary certifications will give you and added advantage.
See where you can enroll for these certifications here
See more information about Cerified Safety and Health Manager (CSHM) Certificate.
See more information about Certified Safety Practitioner (CSP) Certificate.
Partner site: Latest school news.
Best of luck in your career pursuit.
Tags: Health and Safety certificationsHSE Certification
- Are many people naive why
- Are startup costs fixed assets
- What are MasterClasses
- What chemicals are used in chemical warfare
- Can writers block be scientifically explained
- When will China fall down completely
- Where is the original The Kiss painting
- Does everyone have the same problems
- How can I contact record labels directly
- Does Avira detect spyware
- Can non engineer do digital marketing
- How did wealth affect your childhood
- Is going to Harvard overrated
- What can you expect at PUMA internship
- Does HBX CORe have fixed study hours