There are tons of reasons to love summer—longer days, trips to the beach, ice cream trucks on every corner—but our favorite part just might be the endless number of barbecues. From Memorial Day through Labor Day, it seems like someone’s always hosting a weekend event, and why not? Hanging out with friends, eating, and drinking outdoors… you don’t have to ask us twice.
While no one wants to show up empty-handed, spending a ton of time prepping for a potluck isn’t ideal either. Skip the complicated dessert (and the store-bought chips and dip) and bring one of these healthy fruit salads instead. They’re easy to make, refreshing, and don’t need to be refrigerated; plus, they’ll leave you way less bloated than packaged nacho dip—hooray!
1. Lemon Poppyseed Triple Fruit Salad
Simple and tasty are our two favorite words when it comes to recipes. Cut up pineapple, strawberries, and kiwis to make a super-colorful salad, stat. It comes with an easy, light dressing too, made with lemon juice, poppy seeds, and honey.
2. Blueberry, Watermelon, Mint, and Feta Salad
Watermelon, feta, and mint are an amazing flavor combination. Salty, sweet, and fresh, these ingredients are actually the perfect summer trio. And while they’re tasty on their own, blueberries and balsamic vinegar take things one step further for an even sweeter salad.
3. Honey-Lime Rainbow Fruit Salad
This salad is as close as you’ll get to a rainbow in a bowl, no food coloring required. Grab some grapes, oranges, kiwis, strawberries, blueberries, pineapple, and bananas, and toss in a honey-lime sauce for a fruit spread everyone will love.
4. Tropical Quinoa Salad
Want something a bit more substantial for your BBQ? Add quinoa to fruit salad. It tastes great with juicy berries, sweet mango, tart kiwis, and fresh oranges. Think of it as pasta salad’s sweeter cousin.
5. Berry Watermelon Fruit Salad
This pretty purple salad mixes alllll the berries with cherries and watermelon, plus a squeeze of lime juice. Just don’t wear white when you dig into this one.
6. Mango Fruit Salad With Honey Yogurt Sauce
It may look like it, but this ain’t your momma’s Cool Whip fruit salad. Mix plain yogurt with honey and vanilla extract to make a light, creamy sauce to pour over strawberries, citrus, mango, apple, and bananas. It’s so sweet, it can double as dessert.
7. Mojito Fruit Salad
Your favorite summer drink gets the salad treatment with this boozy fruit dish. Get the party started by adding a little rum to your fruit bowl, along with lime juice, powdered sugar, and mint.
8. Citrus Avocado Salad
Stock up on your favorite citrus to make this killer salad—cara cara oranges, tangerines, blood oranges, whatever floats your boat will taste great on top of fresh greens and mixed in with fresh avocado slices.
9. Blueberry Pineapple Fruit Salsa
While not quite a salad, this fruit salsa looked too good not to include. Blueberries and pineapple are the perfect counterbalance to jalapeño and Sriracha in the spicy-sweet dip. Pro-tip: The flavors taste even better after a few hours, so make it earlier in the day and refrigerate until you’re ready to go.
- What does being a slut feel like
- Have you written anything to feel good
- In what order are planets arranged?no_redirect=1
- How do I stop acting this way
- What is Einsteins theory of gravity
- Are business startups debt rationed
- What other wine tastes like Sauterne
- Why is Charles Dickens important in history
- What are the best restaurants in France?no_redirect=1
- Who is your first class teacher
- How do you estimate yourself accurately
- How do I find someone to mentor
- Which is your favourite food 1
- Why is Amy Schumer alive
- What is bare bottom spanking