Exactly what you were thinking – a mac and cheese that is both sweet and savory? Well, it’s pretty darn good.
By Jocelyn Ruggiero of Relish
Mark Boughton Photography / Styling by Teresa Blackburn
The savory is bacon and parmesan cheese. The sweet is honey. Generously mix these ingredients with a deep dish of cream cheesy pasta shells and you’ve got a main dessert course
This article has been posted with permission and originally appeared as, “Sweet and Salty Mac and Cheese” on Relish.
Savory and Sweet Mac and Cheese
Author: Jocelyn Ruggiero for Relish
Recipe Type: Main
- 5tablespoons butter
- 6tablespoons flour
- 3cups 2% reduced fat milk
- 2cups grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 (8-oz) package cream cheese, cut into small pieces
- 1pound large pasta shells
- ½cup honey
- ¾pound plus ¼ cup bacon, cooked and crumbled
- Preheat oven to 350 °F. In a large saucepan, melt butter over medium heat.
- Whisk in flour and milk. Reduce heat to low, and cook until slightly thickened, about 2 minutes,
- stirring frequently. Add Parmesan and cream cheese. Stir until melted.
- Cook pasta. Pour cheese mixture over pasta and mix well. Stir in honey and ¾ lb bacon.
- Pour into a 2½-qt casserole dish, top with ¼ cup bacon and bake 20 minutes.
Tags:bacon, Baking, cream cheese, honey, mac and cheese, parmesan, sweet and savory
- Which drug is another name for diazepam
- Can criminals hide
- How did you see me
- Are narcissists scared of themselves
- Is toxic masculinity actually a problem
- Is anxiety a learning disability
- Are pharmacists important to doctors
- Is it bad to have changing interests
- Is getting a full body check painful
- Can someone help me figure Venezuela out
- Can unmarried girls wear rudraksha
- What are recipes for English biscuits
- What are fenugreek seeds called in Tamil
- When can I watch Cats movie online
- Is karma just wishful thinking