If the Lancer was so reliable, how come the Outlander and the Shogun aren’t?
There is one explanation, and it’s something that has cursed pretty much every automaker the past few years, and that’s the increase in modern technology.
We have seen a huge increase in modern technology being featured in cars in recent years. This is great for the owner, who can now do pretty much everything they can on their mobile phone, on their in-car Infotainment system. But it does mean that there is now a whole new list of things that could go wrong. And they do go wrong. Many have put modern unreliability down to the introduction of such advanced technology. Often this tech is hard and costly to repair. So, that could explain why the older Lancer is so reliable, but the newer Outlander and Shogun are not.
Also, there have been reports of problems with the engine which seems to be the main issue in the Mitsubishi Outlander. Interestingly, the Outlander has been made with both Volkswagen and Ford-PSA sourced engines. This wasn’t the case for the Lancer. And the engines used in the Outlander are also used in the Citroen C-Crosser and Peugeot 4007, as well as the Land Rover Freelander. And honestly, those brands aren’t famed for their reliability either.
We must add that this is speculation, but that could be one explanation as to why there is such a huge difference in reliability for the two cars.
- Why are Social Security benefits taxable
- Is Eddie Murphy Irish
- What is build quality in smart phones
- What are the objectives of deployment management
- Why did Disney fire Jeffrey Katzenberg
- Was Hitler in a cult
- Is Donald Trump the most famous president
- How did Duran Duran get their name
- Which is better Nirma University or IEM
- Whos better at soccer France or Germany
- Are ellipses good
- Why dont pianos have more strings
- Are Italians whiter than Germans
- Are conference papers hard to read
- Which subject is the best in agriculture
- What is a compressor motor