Is 60 the upper age limit for opening a PPF account? Can a person keep his PPF account active till any age by extending the tenure every 5 years?
Ankur Choudhary, Co-founder& CIO, Goalwise.com replies: There is no upper age limit for opening a PPF account. The lock-in, however, remains at 15 years irrespective of the age at which you open the account. On maturity, the account can be extended by blocks of 5 years any number of times. Banks or post offices cannot deny the extension based on your age.
I opened a PPF account in my daughter’s name in 1999 and maintained it till maturity in 2015. In the meantime, my daughter got married and settled abroad. After marriage my daughter adopted her her husband’s surname. When I went to the post office with the duly discharged maturity form signed by her, I was told she must be present personally to carry out the change of name and claim the maturity amount. Since the amount involved (Rs 30,000) is not big, it is not financially feasible for her to come all the way. I am over 80 years old and do not know what to do. Please advise.
Raj Khosla Founder and Managing Director, Mymoneymantra.com replies: First, get documents of the PPF account holder attested by a bank authority. The best option would be the branch where she has her NRE/ NRO account. You can take her KYC documents (for new name as well as old name), application for change in name, marriage certificate and authority letter in the name of father to the bank.
The letter should clearly mention that the father can process PPF withdrawal on her behalf. An existing relationship with the branch may help in smooth execution of the request. Once you get the documents attested, you can submit the same to the post office. The PO should accept the request and process the withdrawal. Since the above is not an established standard process, our recommendations are on a best effort basis only.
- Where will I get research papers
- Does diamond corrode
- What are some unforgettable moments
- What is the meaning of in Rust
- Can someone fail to learn piano
- Is Morocco a state in Africa
- What is the capabilities of music
- Am I a US citizen
- Why is fentanyl called fentanyl
- Is there time in a black hole
- How should I start using Seomoz
- What are the necessary tools for startups
- Can hypnosis accidentally cause multiple personalities
- Can Hepatitis vaccines trigger autoimmune disease
- Where is green concrete used
- What are some issues in data analysis
- Is Eli Manning still a Giant
- What is a clever teacher
- Which is Microsofts first operating system
- Does feminism empower anti intellectualism