Atmospheric air is a mixture of different gases such as oxygen , nitrogen , carbon dioxide and water vapour , Solutionis a special type of mixtures , where its components are mixed and interfere till you can not distinguish between its particles .
Types of matter
Mattercan be classified into pure substances & mixtures , Pure substance is the substance that is made of only one type of identical particles such as distilled ( pure ) water , sugar and baking soda .
Mixture is the substance that consists of more than one type of particles such as concrete , tomato sauce and mineral water( mixture of waterand some useful minerals as calcium and magnesium ) .
Both sugar and distilled waterare considered pure substances because each of them is composed of only one type of identical particles , Both milk and concrete are considered mixturesbecause each of them consists of more than one type of particles .
Types of mixtures
There are many different types of mixtures, such as Solid-solid mixture , Liquid-liquid mixture , Solid-liquid mixture , Gaseous-Gaseous mixture and Gaseous-liquid mixture .
- Solid-solid mixture consists of two or more different solid mattersuch as fruit salad and vegetable salad .
- Liquid-liquid mixture consists of two or more different liquids such as mixture of vinegar and water , mixture of oil and water , mixture of oil and vinegar ( dressing of salad ) .
- Solid-liquid mixture consists of solid and liquid matter such as mixture of sand and water , mixture of salt and water .
- Gaseous-Gaseous mixture consists of different gases such as atmospheric air which is a mixture of oxygen gas , nitrogen gas , carbon dioxide gas and water vapour .
- Gaseous-liquid mixture consists of gaseous and liquid matter such as a mixture of soda water that is produced from dissolving carbon dioxide gasin sugar solution .
Properties of mixtures
You can separate the tomato from the salad easily and eat it separately , The strawberry in the fruit salad keeps its taste and colour before and after mixing , You can add or remove the desired amount of vegetables in your vegetable soup , So , the properties of the mixture are :
- The components of the mixture do not join ( react ) together and can be separated easily .
- Each component in a mixturekeeps its own properties , so , the properties of a mixtureare the same properties of its components .
- The components of the mixturecan be mixed at any ratio .
A mixture of sand and iron fillings can be separated easily because the components of the mixture do not react together .
Formation of mixtures
A mixturecan be formed by different methods such as shaking , stirring and grinding , A mixturecan be formed by mixing two or more different matter together .
Where solid and liquid materials can be mixed by shaking or stirring such as mixtureof salt and water , liquid materials can be mixed by shaking or stirring such as mixtureof strawberry juice and banana juice , Solids materials can be mixed by shaking or grinding such as mixtureof salt and pepper .
Separation of mixtures
The components of the mixture do not react together , so , they can be separated easily by simple methods such as :
- A magnet( Magnetic attraction ) is used to separate the solid mixture that contain magnetic substances such as mixture of sand and iron fillings .
- Filtration process is used to separate solid materials that are insoluble in watersuch as mixture of sand ( or mud ) and water.
- Evaporation process is used to separate solid materials that are soluble in watersuch as mixture of salty solution .
- Separation funnel is used to separate liquid mixtures whose components do not mix together such as mixtureof oil and water.
A magnetcan be used to separate iron fillings from sand because the magnet attracts the iron fillings only and separate them from the mixture , Filtration process is used to separate sand from sugary solution because filtration process is used to separate the solid materials as sand that are insoluble in water.
Matter, Properties & Kinds of molecules, Melting process & Vaporization process
Formation of the solution & factors affecting the solubility process
Types of mixtures and solutions
Types of mixtures in terms of homogeneity
- Why should people go to jail
- When does Starbucks open
- Is LifeLock really worth it
- Does Instagram still have our personal data
- What is the best airsoft AEG
- Who s influenced you to play guitar
- What is your review of Mick Jagger
- What is San Ramon CA known for
- Can we buy Sintex shares now
- What is a capital equipment lease
- What does it mean to study literature
- Did John really eat locusts?no_redirect=1
- What allows the brain to lucid dream
- Which is the best bean bag brand
- Which mountain range affects the climate
- Are langoustines shrimp
- What makes you scared of confessing love?no_redirect=1
- What YouTuber should I know about
- Why are Finnish people so nice