- Cardi B got her start on VH1's "Love and Hip-Hop" in 2015.
- Her debut single "Bodak Yellow (Money Moves)" catapulted the rapper to the top of the Billboard charts
- With her additional endorsement deals, Cardi B has eclipsed a net worth in the millions.
- Her net worth is a reported $8 million now.
Her career may only be a couple years old, but Cardi B is steadily on her way to elite multi-millionaire status. Born Belcalis Almanzar, the Bronx native, self-proclaimed "Trap Selena" went from moonlighting as an adult entertainer to Billboard-topping rapper faster than most finish a college degree.
Add several endorsement deals and well, you eclipse a net worth of an estimated $8 million and counting, according to Celebrity Net Worth. Ever hear of the phrase, "A millionaire has more than one job"? Well, Cardi is a prime example of that expression. Let's break down how she acquired her assets.
She first made an appearance on "Love and Hip-Hop."
Introduced as a "Regular, degular, schmegular girl from the Bronx" Cardi joined VH1's "Love & Hip Hop: New York" in 2015 during season six and quickly rose to fan-favorite status.
Unapologetic and quick with the quips, Cardi'searly proclamation that anyone who had beef with her would have beef with her "foreva" solidified her reputation as one of the franchise's most entertaining cast members.
While it's unclear how much she earned as a cast member, it apparently wasn't enough to keep her as she departed after two seasons to pursue a career in music.
She topped the charts with "Bodak Yellow (Money Moves)."
June 16, 2017 would ultimately prove to be the day America was officially introduced to Cardi B.
Atlantic Records, Cardi's label, released her debut single "Bodak Yellow (Money Moves)" that day and one month later, "Bodak Yellow" entered the top two of Billboard's Hot 100 list. In September 2017, "Bodak Yellow" finally claimed the list's top spot, making her the first female rapper to do so with a solo single since Lauryn Hill's "Doo Wop (That Thing)" in 1998.
Since then, Cardihas been headlining music festivals,collaborating with other chart-topping artists and of course, promoting herdebut album.
How Much Is Cardi Worth?
On January 12, 2016, with a net worth of $400,000, Cardi was added to Celebrity Net Worth.On February 9th, 2017, her net worth increased to $1.5 million, according to the site. In September 2017, AOL estimated her wealth was between $4 and 5 million and just seven months later on September 25th, rose to a reported $8 million, according to Celebrity Net Worth.
What's Next for Cardi B?
On July 10, 2018, Cardi B and husband Offset(from Atlanta-based hip-hop group Migos) welcomed their first child, a daughter named Kulture Kiari Cephus.
Prior to taking maternity leave, Cardi lined up a myriad of endorsement deals that will ultimately see her net worth multiply.
A favorite of social media influencers, FashionNovaannounced in April that their first design collaboration would be with none other than the global phenomenon.
Fans of the rapper and the clothing brand will have to wait until October to grab pieces of the collection.
Need some statement shoes to go with your new threads? Cardi has you covered. Not only did sheannounce a partnership with legendary shoe designer Steve Madden, a collection of kicks shortly followed the announcement. If you've heard "Bodak Yellow," then you'll understand Cardi's affinity for Christian Louboutin's "bloody shoes."
The Parisian mogul'sadmiration for Cardi is mutual.
We'll have to stay tuned for whatever the Bronx lyricist unleashes next; however, given how much she's been doing in the last few years, it sounds like we won't be waiting long.
For more great stories, head to INSIDER's homepage.
- Why would you use VMware Workstation
- How safe is a lava lamp
- Does Morgellons disease go away
- Is India better than China in everything
- Is Android OS better for a PC
- Is Jim Carrey a highly underrated legend
- Do you get taxed on Robinhood
- What does RSS 0 mean in Statistics
- Should I go to another college
- Is it painful to have rheumatoid arthritis
- Can you share your old coins collection
- Is there varied cuisine in Montreal Canada
- What is more beautiful than Tennessee
- Why is psychoanalysis effective
- Do cats feel hungry in the night
- Describe your perfect roommate
- Is modern microbiology basically just molecular biology
- Is a square bum bad