In a post published on BTS’ Korean fansite, known as a fancafe, the boy band’s English-speaking frontman announced on Monday (Nov. 13) that he has changed his stage name. Formerly known as Rap Monster, Kim Namjoon will use the name "RM" moving forward.
The rapper has released music and mixtapes under the RM name in the past, and has also introduced himself as RM or ‘RapMon’ on numerous occasions, but now has formally made the shift away from his former moniker.
The decision came due to the length of the name, and RM determining that “Rap Monster” was no longer representative of who he was or the music that he creates.
“I’ve become keenly aware of the fact that it’s become different from [what I want] to put at the front of the music I’ve made for the past five years, and the music I want to share in the future,” wrote RM, reports Soompi.
In the post, RM expressed how he had come to think fondly of his previous stage name, but that he made the decision to make the switch official because he wants to make music "with an unrestricted and open mind and view."
Following the announcement, “Rap Monster” trended worldwide on Twitter for several hours.
RM unveiled the name change less than a week before BTS becomes the first Korean boy band to perform at the AMAs on Sunday, amid a busy stateside schedule that will see the septet film for Jimmy Kimmel Live! and the Ellen Degeneres Show. The act will also release a remix version of their song “Mic Drop” on Nov. 24, the day after Thanksgiving, a collaboration with Desiigner and Steve Aoki.
- How do fishes mate
- Will Java ever die
- Is using prostitutes normal in Turkey
- What is the stock Nifty’s trading strategy
- How thick should a gravel driveway be
- Are there gay people in Russia
- Can coughing make sciatica worse How
- What is NSE and BSE
- Is Amazon unstoppable
- Why do students buy backpacks
- How do you say Please in Persian
- What is the etymology of monad
- What foods make gout worse
- Is Elvis overrated
- How do I pronounce the name Leprechaun
- What is India lacking the most?no_redirect=1
- What is the risk of technology