Earn your babysitting certification from the American Red Cross. Whether you're just starting out or you've cared for your siblings for years and now want to start earning money or even build a business, our programs can help. By allowing you to demonstrate your skills to the families seeking your help, a Red Cross Advanced child care certification or Babysitting certification shows parents that you take your job seriously.
Designed and taught by experts, Red Cross Babysitting certification or Advanced Child Care certification course materials are interactive, informative, and fun. Created to help you provide the best care possible, our program can help you deliver compassionate care, and learn to interact with infants and children in fun, age-appropriate ways. This way, you can build a rapport with the children you care for, learn to understand them, and tailor your care to meet the family's needs.
Types of Certifications
- Babysitting Basics: This online babysitting certification course helps those ages 11 and older prepare to become babysitters. With information on providing basic care to infants and children, what to do during an emergency, how to choose age-appropriate activities, and recognizing and handling specific behaviors, this class can help you gain the skills and confidence needed for babysitting. The course takes approximately 4 hours to complete, and includes a final exam. Upon successful completion, you will receive a printable certificate.
- Babysitter's Training:This in-person childcare certification course is designed for those ages 11 to 15, and builds on the skills in our Babysitting Basics class. With leadership development, information on building your business, tips for keeping children safe, helping children behave, basic first aid, and more, it's the next step in your training.
- Advanced Child Care: Designed to be taken online, the Advanced Child Care certification course includes advanced training on leadership, child behavior and discipline, professionalism, safety, child care – such as holding and feeding – and more. (Note: This course is not intended as certification for state licensed child care providers and does not meet all state requirements for such certification.)
To complement our babysitting certification program, we also offer First Aid and CPR/AED certification courses. These classes can help build your skills – and your resume – and help you safely care for others in times of crisis.
Why Train With the Red Cross
Red Cross CPR Training Saves Lives
Reid Heiser, Life Saver
One week after 17-year-old Reid completed his Red Cross CPR training, he needed to use it. In November 2011, Reid saved the life of Jim Hammer after he collapsed at the recreation center where Reid worked. Now friends, they share their story.
Red Cross training matters
For more than a century, we've prepared people to respond to emergencies of all sizes - from the everyday to the large disaster. Join the millions we train every year and learn the skills that can save a life.
The Babysitter You Don't Want to Be
- Watch Now
I'm really glad she survived that
- Watch the Snyder Family's Story
Certification Made Simple. Fast. Easy. Digital.
The American Red Cross makes babysitting training and certification fast, simple and easy. And with Red Cross Digital Certificates you'll get anytime, anywhere access to your certificates; plus the ability to print, share, and download them wherever and whenever you like. Digital certificates can be viewed, printed or shared online and can be accessed anytime through your Red Cross Account. Each certificate includes a unique ID and a QR code which meets employment requirements and allows employers to easily confirm your certificate is valid. Class participants and employers can visit https://www.redcross.org/take-a-class/digital-certificate and enter the ID found on the digital certificate (or scan the QR code with a standard QR reader using a smart device) to access a copy of the valid certificate with student training information.
Click here for instructions on accessing your certification online.
- Are most narcissists narcissistic personality disorder extroverts
- Can dogs eat spicy food
- What do water bears eat
- Whats it like to be chronically late
- What is a single circular link list
- Which is the slowest swimming fish
- Should people be scared of technology
- Do women find chubby men attractive
- Why is a propeller shaft tubular
- Can AVM cause personality changes
- Do FBI agents really use Chevy Suburbans
- Do you have any different colored pens
- What are hotel room blocks
- What is physiological FDG
- How will one answer this question
- Why is self acceptance important
- What major brands are using Buffer
- What is meant by design
- What do police do with captured firearms