This is a sweet pastry good for fruit pies or to use as a base for slices. This recipe is enough for a base and top for a 18cm pie dish or 20cm if you roll the top thinly
Serving Size: 1 (73) g
Servings Per Recipe: 8
AMT. PER SERVING% DAILY VALUE
Calories from Fat 121 g40 %
Total Fat 13.5 g20 %
Saturated Fat 8.2 g41 %
Cholesterol 59.8 mg 19 %
Sodium 335 mg 13 %
Total Carbohydrate 41.4 g 13 %
Dietary Fiber 0.8 g3 %
Sugars 17.4 g69 %
Protein 4.2 g 8 %
- Sift all dry ingredients. Place in the bowl of processor.
- Add chopped butter and whizz until it resembles breadcrumbs.
- Add the egg yolk and whizz until mixture comes together to form a dough.
- If needed add 1 tbsp iced water. This will depend on how dry your flour is, the weather (if it is humid and hot you probably won't need the extra water).
- Turn out onto a lightly floured bench and form into a smooth ball. Don't knead the pastry too much or it will produce a tough pastry.
- Wrap in cling wrap or place in a sealed container and rest in fridge for 1 hour.
- Divide into a 1/3 and 2/3 balls, the larger for the base. Roll out the larger ball to fit your dish fill and then roll out the smaller ball, cut out a small circle from centre of pastry to allow steam to escape and place gently over you pie filling. Crimp pie edge to seal.
- Brush the pastry with egg white and sprinkle with sugar just before baking. This gives a crunchy crust to the pie. Alternatively you can brush with a milk wash.
- With a fruit filling bake at 350C for 45-50 minutes.
- If you use the pastry for a slice base you can cover 2 slice tins.
- Is stew a type of soup
- What occurrences in Annihilation are scientifically inaccurate
- What if Alaska Hawaii remained as territories
- How did you learn drawing?no_redirect=1
- How come quantum mechanics seems so strange
- What movies were ruined by their CGI
- How much information can a computer hold
- What are the disadvantages of weekly facials
- Are cat videos popular on TikTok
- Which cars share parts
- What is Cash Out Refinancing
- What can you catch by kissing someone
- Where would you find an oxbow lake
- How can you make suede more durable
- What causes pimples on my temples